HPD-B drive adapter for Biostat design
Head-Plate-Drive (HPD) interfaces CellVessel SUB and BactoVessel SUF to late Sartorius® Biostat rubber coupling design - which we call ID39-B. Used by CerCell®, Finesse®, BBI-biotech and others. Insure the servo motor is fully alligne. Insure max servo motor weigth is 1,5 kilo up to OD150 and 1,8 kilo up to OD250.
The re-usable SUB/SUF adapter kit consist of 2 parts;
- HPD-B adapter to be gently pressed, rotated CW onto the OD30 mm HPD bearing house
- White Nylon66 SP21 PowerGrip sprocket which fit onto the OD 8,0 mm SS axle
Kollmorgen 6SM27M motor on ID39-B adaptor
Manual mount of SP21 rubber coupling on sprocket
Adaptor and white sprocket mounted on 3litre HPD
Shown example is a CellVessel OD 130x255 3 litre SUB mounted with Kollmorgen® AKM servo motors in HPD-B setup. The SP21 rubber coupling part are attached to the re-usable PowerGrip Nylon sprocket. Here CellVessel OD 130x225 3 litre SUB mounted with the white Nylon PowerGrip sprocket on the central OD 8,0 mm axle and the adapter on the OD 30 mm HPD bearing housing. Manual mounting of the PowerGrip® Nylon sprocket to the central axle and mounting of the aluminium HPD adapter is simple.
ID39B adaptor and white sprocket to be mounted
30 mm HPD re-usable ID39B and sprocket
5.7 BactoVessel in RUJ with motor support
Photo to the right show a BactoVessel 5,7 litre VV mounted in Re-Usable-Jacket connected to a Biostat liquid heating/cooling for 1.500 RPM microbial fermentation.
The most intelligent drive system is Perseus from Cronus-PCS equiped as standard with ID39-B.
Several Biostat coupling standard exist;
- very old Biostat for Heidolph - now obsolete - conversion to ID39-B though possible
- old Biostat magnetic for Kollmorgen 6SM - must be converted to ID39-B
- newer Biostat with rubber coupling for Kollmorgen AKM being the ID39-B format
- latest Biostat with rubber coupling for Pabst being the ID39-B format