Strategies for product shelf life and general lifetime
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB, SUF and SUM products will at user site be exposed to:
Always check out specification on the product label.
General exposure (during shipment) limits for all products are:
- Temperature of 10-40° Celsius.
- Pressure ranging 800 to 1,200 mBar absolute (during transport in an aircraft).
- Humidity up to 80% continuous.
General exposure (during storage) limits for single-use products are:
- Temperature of 10-40° Celsius.
- Pressure ranging 900 to 1,100 mBar absolute.
- Humidity up to 70% continuous should not be exceeded.
- Sun light, direct exposure to sun light must be avoided at all times.
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB, SUF and SUM products mechanical, bottom bearing lifetime are:
- SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB, SUM - HPD design with internal radial bottom bearing - are 500 RPM for two month continuously operation when submersed in liquid - never run dry!
- SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB, SUM - MST design with internal axial ceramic bottom bearing are 500 RPM for two month continuously operation - when submersed in liquid - never run dry!
- SUF - HPD are 1,500 RPM for one week continuously operation with internal radial bottom bearing submersed in liquid.
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB, SUF and SUM products must be exposed to:
- Liquid media inside the SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB SUF no less than 100 % of the time. Never operate under dry conditions. Various bearing are media lubricated and / or cooled.
- HPD drive combined with servo motors of maximum 1.7 kilo weight. Heavier motors used in combination with RUJ support and SMS only.
- HPD drive shaft axial alignment better than 0.5° with servo motor shaft.
- The correct diameter sized HPD adaptor must be mounted on various head plates.
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB, SUF and SUM shelf life are:
- 18 month from manufacturing date with no pre-installed Single-Use-Sensor's.
- 18 month from manufacturing date with specific pre-installed pH Single-Use-Sensor's – check out the specific product label.
- Pre-installed VisiWell for Hamilton VisiFerm DO sensor in SUB and SUF products, if NOT exposed to sunlight, will have 18 month lifetime. And as to such the SUB or SUF should NOT – NEVER be left un-packed in laboratory, facility, storage room in sunlight.
- Pre-installed PolarWell for both polarographic or optical DO sensors if NOT exposed to sunlight will have 12 month lifetime. And as to such the SUB or SUF should NOT – NEVER be left un-packed in laboratory, facility, storage room in sunlight.
- Pre-installed FUTURE-PICO bio-mass Single-Use-Sensor has >12 month lifetime when not removed from the SUB, PR-SUB or P-SUB.
Check out product lifetime information on each individual product label.
SUB's, P-SUBs, PR-SUBs, SUF and SUM thermal load:
- in general no more than 50°C exposure independent of time
- for higher temperature contact us - we can custom design the 3.2 and 13 liter for 100°C
- more than 70 % ethanol / 30 % water solution exposure maximum for 24 hour.
Accessory products may be exposed to 10-40 °C and plus/minus 250 mBar pressure for the product lifetime when handled dry and properly.
Mechanical lifetime of accessories are:
- MST - 5 year at 1,000 RPM. Weight limit for servo motors are 5 kilo. Drive belt to be replaced every 5 year operation.
- CellTumbler drive units are 40,000 hours at 20 Strokes-Per-Minute, clean roller every 3 month, replace roller every 10,000 hour, replace rubber bearing every 10,000 hour.
Electrical lifetime of accessories are:
- Sterile-Filter-Heaters (SFH) MTBF 20,000 hours.
- Electrical Heating Blanket's (EHB) 20,000 hours, when mounted tight around a correct liquid filled SUB / SUF / SUM to correct liquid level, exposed to the correct voltage, powered by a suitable PCS, newer exposed to un-cooled conditions with power on.
- Electrical Heating-Support-Foot 40,000 hours connected to correct voltage and proper ground.
No product are designed for or will handle autoclaving and / or further irradiation.
Shipping and storage time is counted as part of total product lifetime.
We strongly recommend NOT to unpack products before time of use.
Date: December 2020