Strategies for product shelf life and general lifetime
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB and SUF products may at user site be exposed to:
Always check out specification on the product label.
General exposure (during shipment) limits for all products are:
- Temperature of 10-40° Celsius.
- Pressure ranging 800 to 1.200 mBar absolute (during transport in an aircraft).
- Humidity up to 80% continuous.
General exposure (during storage) limits for single-use products are:
- Temperature of 10-40° Celsius.
- Pressure ranging 900 to 1.100 mBar absolute.
- Humidity up to 70% continuous should not be exceeded.
- Sun light directly must be avoided at all times.
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB and SUF products mechanical bearing lifetime are:
- SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB - HPD are 500 RPM for two month continuously operation submersed in liquid.
- SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB - MST are 500 RPM for two month continuously operation submersed in liquid.
- SUF - HPD are 1.500 RPM for one week continuously operation submersed in liquid.
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB and SUF products must be exposed to:
- Liquid media inside the SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB SUF no less than 100 % of the time. Never operate under dry conditions. Various bearing are media lubricated and / or cooled.
- HPD drive combined with servo motors of maximum 1,7 kilo weight. Heavier motors used in combination with RUJ support and SMS only.
- HPD drive shaft axial alignment better than 0,5° with servo motor shaft.
- The correct diameter sized HPD adaptor must be mounted on head plate.
SUB, P-SUB, PR-SUB and SUF shelf life are:
- 12 month from manufacturing date with no pre-installed Single-Use-Sensor's.
- 12 month from manufacturing date with specific pre-installed pH Single-Use-Sensor's – check out the specific product label.
- Pre-installed VisiWell for Hamilton VisiFerm DO sensor in SUB and SUF products if NOT exposed to sunlight will have 12 month lifetime. And as to such the SUB or SUF should NOT – NEVER be left un-packed in laboratory, facility, storage room in sunlight.
- Pre-installed PolarWell for both polarographic or optical DO sensors if NOT exposed to sunlight will have 12 month lifetime. And as to such the SUB or SUF should NOT – NEVER be left un-packed in laboratory, facility, storage room in sunlight.
- Pre-installed FUTURE-PICO bio-mass Single-Use-Sensor no limitation when not removed from the SUB, PR-SUB or P-SUB.
Check out product lifetime information on each individual product label.
SUB's, P-SUBs, PR-SUBs and Single-Use-Fermenter's will NOT tolerate:
- more than 50°C exposure independent of time.
- more than 70 % ethanol / 30 % water solution exposure maximum for 24 hour.
Accessory products may be exposed to 10-40 °C and plus/minus 250 mBar pressure for the product lifetime when handled dry and properly.
Mechanical lifetime of accessories are:
- MST - 5 year at 1.000 RPM. Weight limit for servo motors are 5 kilo. Drive belt to be replaced every 5 year.
- CellTumbler drive units 40.000 hours at 20 Strokes-Per-Minute, clean roller every 4.000 hour, replace roller every 10.000 hour, replace rubber bearing every 10.000 hour.
Electrical lifetime of accessories are:
- Sterile-Filter-Heaters (SFH) 20.000 hours.
- Electrical Heating Blanket's (EHB) 20.000 hours, when mounted tight around a correct liquid filled SUB / SUF to correct liquid level, exposed to the correct voltage, powered by a suitable PCS, newer exposed to un-cooled conditions with power on.
- Electrical Heating-Support-Foot 40.000 hours connected to correct voltage and proper ground.
No product are designed for or will handle autoclaving and / or further irradiation.
Shipping and storage time is counted as part of total product lifetime.
We strongly recommend NOT to unpack products before time of use.
Date: December 2018