Examples of use of Sterile-Filter-Heater use
Highly recommended to keep the exhaust filter at constant elevated temperature. Hereby you can avoid vapour, liquid blocking of the exhaust filter causing over pressure in the SUB or SUF and project determination.
Filter heating on OD50 mm on trap
foam trap on CellTank on sky-support
sterile filter heater on 16 cm2 inlet filter
One example is sky-support carrying the sterile filter and the 500 ml foam collection vessel hanging in the Sterile-Filter-Heater encapsulated in filter. SFH is available in several sizes for flat 16 cm2 and 26 cm2 surface area filters. Further available in a cylindrical model for 400 cm2 filters.
The SFH connects to 110-230 VAC with various plugs for EU, UK, US being part of the kit. The Power Supply is CE and UL marked.
Detailed product information here
In practise this means:
- the SFH product is kept at low cost and as simple as possible
- air-conditioned room have an influence on final temperature - protect your project from cold air exposure
- aeration mass flow has an influence on SFH final temperature
- a flow of cold air around the SUB and SFH has an influence on SFH final temperature
- if possible insulate your SUB or SUF with inexpensive plastic bubble foil - and reduce thermal gradients