The different pump's
Brief description of different pumps used in perfusion systems ranging 0,1 to 1.000 liter. Some possible to integrate with the SUB and HFF into an all single-use system.
DIAPHRAGM PUMP'S – free moving membrane in perfusion systems
- PumpCell – fully controlled position membrane – www.pumpcell.com
- Repligen – non-controlled position membrane – www.repligen.com
CENTRIFUGAL PUMP'S – used in perfusion systems
- Various suppliers -
- Levitronix pumps – www.levitronix.com
Levitronix is by far the most used centrifugal Single-Use-Pump’s with either sanitary coupling or barb connection.
- DCP-30 – standard in LowRider-1 and selectable in LowRider-2
- DCP-200 – selectable in LowRider-2 and standard in LowRider-10
- DCP-600 – standard for LowRider-20
Levitronix drive units available with external (MU-models) or integrated electronics (i-models).
PERISTALTIC PUMP'S – known to be used for perfusion systems
- Spectrum / Repligen
- Watson-Marlow EquFlow
Centrifugal and peristaltic pumps need, benefit from a flow sensor. Relevant flow, velocity sensors ranging some hundred ml/min to >20 liter/min. Most often in a loop for pump alteration with a pump controller. The only pump which do NOT need any flow sensors is any of the diaphragm pumps from www.pumpcell.com